VISualization, EMerging media,
[: vis-em-ex :]
A Think-Tank and Exhibition for Collaboration,
Cross-Disciplinary Thinkers, and Visionaries
10th November 2017
Curtin University – @ Curtin’s HIVE
- 30/10/2017: Please take a look at the [projects that will be exhibited] and at the [latest list of exciting speakers]
- 01/08/2017: Also in 2017 there will be a Vis-Em-Ex conference. Please take a look at the program from 2016, to see what will also await you in 2017!
Welcome to the 2nd Western Australian Symposium on Visualization, Emerging Media, and User-Experience! The aim of the symposium is to lay ground for a yearly symposium and develop towards a leading forum for inter-disciplinary thinkers of industrial professionals, academics, and practitioners to discuss and present the latest emerging trends in media, visualization, human-computer interaction, and the use of new emerging technologies in industry-university cooperation in teaching and research.
The purpose of the symposium is to provide an inter-disciplinary event and gather a committed community to continue cooperating together beyond the event on other larger scale activities such as collaborative funding proposals, scientific events, industry-university collaborations, or simply other networking activities. The event consist of the following major sub-events:
- Keynote Talks
- Industry Panel: Careers in Screen Arts & Corporate Media
- Exhibition: Visualisation and Interactive Media Exhibition
The main themes of the symposium address the following major tracks. The aims to attract visitors with backgrounds from industry, design, communication studies, computer science, or business.
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality
- Information, Data, Knowledge, and Cultural Visualization
- User-Experience, and Human-Computer-Interaction
- Media Studies, Screen Arts, and Socio-Technological Environments
- Digital Media and New Technologies in Education
- Revenue Models, Digital Innovations, Policies, and Business Processes
10th November 2017
- 12:00-16:00: Data Visualisation and Interactive Media Exhibition
More information about the programme and the exhibits can be found [here].
Exhibition: Data Visualisation and Interactive Media
Latest works around the wider theme ‘Visualisation and Interactive Media’ will be presented during this event. Most of these works have been created by Curtin University students as part of their studies of VisMedia courses. If you want to learn more about VisMedia, please follow [this link].
More information about the exhibition and the works from 2016 [here].
The list of exhibition entries can be found [here].
Industry Talks and Keynotes – Careers in Screen Arts
In 2016, we had the following exciting speakers for the industry forum. For 2017, there will be more other speakers:
- James Lush – CEO/Founder of Lush Digital and ABC Radio presenter: major big players in WA content marketing and media production
- Sam Fields – co-founder of Periscope Pictures: specialising in online documentary and transmedia projects
- Melanie Santiago – founder of Contour Media: medium size organisation making corporate videos for NFP and the commercial sector
- Derrik Yaw – multi-award winning Curtin Screen Arts graduate, based in KL
- David Gribble – CEO Child Safety Foundation
The event is free of charge and on a self-catering basis. To keep it free of charge, we only will provide some minor snacks and coffees. If you like to attend the event, please register on Eventbrite. We had a rather high attendee number in 2016, and places are limited! You can find more information how to register [here].
- Curtin University
- Curtin’s Visualisation and Interactive Media (VisMedia Lab.)
- Curtin’s HIVE (Hub for Immersive Visualisation and eResearch)
- Association for Information System SIG eMedia (AIS SIG eMedia)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA)
- International Association for Ambient Media (iAMEA)
- A/Prof. Dr. Artur Lugmayr, Curtin University, AUSTRALIA
- Dr. Andrew Woods, Curtin University, AUSTRALIA
- Richard Seale, Curtin University, AUSTRALIA
- Dr. Eunice Sari, AUSTRALIA
- Adi Tedjasaputra, AUSTRALIA